Friday, March 15, 2013

Art has saved my soul

I have always been artistic, however the intensity of wanting to create came with a huge BOOM after the birth of O.  All of a sudden, having ideas was no longer OK, I needed to make things, no matter what it was.  As O got older, this became that my better and sweeter as she has joined me in art making.

I'm no Martha Stewart.
I'm no artist with a published book.
I am a person that has an imagination.

A simple letter K, bought at Joann's.  K is for our last name
K during getting all dressed up in fabric.  I got a packet of fabric scraps at Joann's and just went with it.
My K hanging on my "gallery wall."  I call it that because I can :) I like how it turned out.
I bought this wooden plaque at Michael's.  I know I overpaid, but this girl forgets her coupons ALL the time.  I am obsessed with these plaques.  I think the shape is what speaks to me.
I've decided to go for a bit of an ombre effect.  I am not done with this.  I don't know what the finished product will look like.  I dreamed this up in my head and needed to get it out.

My soul feels better now.


Linking up here
 photo _MG_4543_zps3af59977.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your 'gallery wall', you're right it's your blog, call it what ever you like ;)

    Those plaques always call my name too, but I can never think of what to do with them so I am inspired by yours. And, I am another girl who never has the current coupon. They always show up on my doorstep a day after expiry...

    Also, did you make the 'choose joy' hoop? I adore that.
    THANKS so much for sharing and linking in our party this week! I am thrilled to discover your blog and can't wait to see what you do next.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly!
    I did not make that hoop and right now I'm drawing a blank as to where I got it.
    Your scrap week had definately inspired me :) I'm glad I figured out how to link up.

    ReplyDelete